ABSTRACT DEADLINE is 28th of February.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- All presenters must register for the Congress and pay the appropriate registration fee.
- Abstracts must be submitted in ENGLISH using the Abstract Form. Online abstract submission is the only one available way. Abstracts can be accepted in exception by e-mail after Organizing Committee justification approval.
- In general, the acceptance letter will be delivered to you by e-mail.
- Abstract receipt will be notified by return e-mail. It will be a code number in the e-mail, specific for the submitted paper, which will give you the possibility to enter and correct your submitted data until the deadline day. If no confirmation of receipt is received in 5 days, please resend.
- The deadline to submit your abstract will be the 30th of March, 2018.
- Abstract should report on work that has NOT been previously published.
- Participant is invited to submit one abstract and present one paper in oral or poster presentation. Presenters may appear as co-authors in other abstracts.
Fulfilling the Abstract Form
- All the frames must be fulfilled with capital English letters (digits). Frames indicated with (*) have to be obligatory fulfilled. The title of the paper is limited up to 15 words in maximum. The title should be informative and as specific as possible. The title would be at the top of the abstract too.
- Write down the identification data of the contact person
- At least one author and one institution must be referred. Type the whole name(s) of author(s) with the given name first and the surname at the back (e.g. Michael Kafetzoglou); place an asterisk (*) after the name of the author who presents the paper. Also indicate the name of the institution the author affiliated with. (which should be identical with the name as entered on the Registration Form). It is not possible be referred more than five authors.
- You can choose only one indication for the presentation type of the paper and for the scientific field (topic) related to its content. Indicating (by clicking in) the relevant box you decide if the paper is candidate for the BaSS Award competition.
- Type abstract wholly with in the box frame provided. Type in 12 point size Times New Roman font, style “normal”, with single-line spacing in the box provided. Abstract for Oral or Poster Presentation is limited up to 250 words in maximum, for Table Demonstration or Video Projection up to 200 words, for Round Table or Debates up to 500 words and for Lectures up to 300 words. Please keep these limitations for an unmolested submission of your abstract. Photocopies or facsimile transmissions are NOT acceptable.
- The structured abstract should include the background, methods and materials, results and conclusion.
- Tables, figures and graphs are not permitted.
- In case of failure to comply with the requirements, the abstract will be excluded from consideration. Reasons for rejecting the submitted papers are
- manuscripts or photocopies or facsimiles
- abstracts with more number of words than required,
- title in discordance with the content of the abstract
- work similar to another announced by the same authors
- not following the format, short introduction, purpose, method and materials, results and conclusions
- there is a mention in the abstract text about the origin and the authors
- the presenter of the paper has not register himself in the Congress and
- submission of the paper after the dead line.
- After submission, the article will be sent to experts for review. If the article is accepted, you will get a confirmation e-mail and the presenter has to pay the registration fees otherwise the paper will not be included to the program.
The candidates must:
- Hold a degree in dentistry.
- Work in any of the countries members of BaSS.
- Verify in writing that he/her is not in receipt of any other award for the same paper.
- Be a member of BaSS, first author of the paper, under the age of 35 (including) and should not be a senior academic (professor or associate professor). Senior academics are not prohibited from participating in a work and taking part in the competition, as long as they are not first authors. If the research is team work, the approval of all the members of the team is required.
Only oral presentations shall be considered for the competition. The paper must be the result of an original research (basic, experimental or clinical) and it must be presented for the first time.
Applications should be addressed to the General Secretary and copied to the president of the Scientific Committee.
The candidate papers should be submitted to the Scientific Committee IN FULL TEXT and must include the following:
- Nominee’s name, address, date of birth (accompanied by a copy of his/her passport), current place of work, position.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Three reprints of the paper.
- A brief letter accompanying the paper describing why it is deemed worthy of an award.
Candidates will be acknowledged in writing or by e-mail.
The name of the winner will be announced during the Congress.
A short C.V. of the winner and an extended abstract of his awarded work will appear in the last issue of the year of BJS with the permission of the journal that had originally published the article.
All candidate papers will be presented at a special session in front of the Awards Committee members as Oral Presentations.
The Awards are given by the jury for the best 3 oral presentations. The Awards will be allocated without distinction. They will consist of a memorandum diploma, and issued by BaSS, if it is available, an amount of money defined by the Council.
Participants have the obligation to present their work at the time and in the mode indicated. The anticipated time is as follows:
|EVENT||PRESENTATION TIME||DISCUSSING TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|Lecture||20 min||10 min||30 min|
|Invited speaker||45 min||15 min||60 min|
|Oral presentation||10 min||5 min||15 min|
|Round Table||75 min||15 min||90 min|
|Poster Presentation||3 min|
Guidelines for Oral Presentations, Lectures and Round Tables
- All Lecturers of the Congress are obliged to submit original or review paper (no case reports) related to the topic of their lecture to the Balkan Journal of Dental Medicine (BJDM) prior to the Congress. All Lecturer are obliged to provide assigned agreement that they are going to submit the manuscript to the Journal. For additional information Lecturers may contact with the Editor-in-Chief Prof.Dejan Markovic
- To save time, the Lecturers are advised to arrive 2 hours before the Session Time to load their presentation file into the computer provided at the Technical Secretariat.
- Computer with standard Microsoft programs, 2010 and earlier editions, will be provided. If the Lecturer bring their own computer for the presentation, please notice that the time for connecting and disconnecting your computer will be included into the presentation time.
Facilities for Presentation
- Each hall will be equipped with one computer with standard Microsoft software, an LCD projector, a screen, a laser pointer, one microphone on the rostrum and two on the presidential desk.
- If the presentation requires additional equipment, the Organizing Committee has to be informed in due time and any extra labor and equipment expenses will be charged.
Guidelines for Poster Presentation
- Posters will be presented in e-poster (electronically) form. The authors should first submit an abstract for the initial evaluation.
- If the poster presentation is approved, the authors should submit the presentation in a three (3) pages of a Microsoft Office or PowerPoint format maximum. The first page must include their names, degrees and affiliations.
- Posters will be presented orally (in a same way as an Oral Presentation) and the time of presentation should not exceed three (3) minutes maximum.
End of Abstract Submission
the 23rd BaSS Congress Organising Committee announces the end of the abstracts submission process.
The submitted papers are now to the referees.
The preliminary program will be posted to the web site in due time.
The Balkan dentists’ response to the Committee calls is beyond expectations. More than 400 authors of all the Balkan countries submitted their papers to a gentle competition of progress in dentistry. The variety, quality and quantity of the subjects guarantee that even the most assuming audiences will be satisfied. Taking in mind the parallel program with hands-on courses and lectures giving by well-known speakers it is sure that the participants will get a lot of new ideas to apply into their daily practice for developing their services to their patients.
fulfill the procedure of your registration and your accommodation as soon as possible.
Iasi and Moldavia are very beautiful during Spring time and wait for us not only for the congress upgrade but also to share a wonderful trip and a pleasant stay.
Follow the news through the Congress web site.