ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstracts should be submitted in English only.
Abstracts can be submitted through this website exclusively. Submissions by post, e-mail or fax will NOT be accepted.
Please submit your abstract in the ABSTRACT SUBMITTING FORM.
If the abstract is successfully submitted, the submitter will receive an automatic confirmation by e-mail in the e-address he declared. In case you don’t receive the confirmation e-mail in the next two hours, please contact the Secretariat. In the confirmation e-mail it will be a link leading to the submitted abstract for any possible future changes, amendments or corrections the submitter would like to do, as long as the Abstract Form is available on the congress website.
PAY ATTENTION: PASSWORD REQUIRED
To have access for possible future changes, amendments or corrections, a password will be required. This password is created by the author at the beginning of the abstract submission form using the two fields, "Password" and "Confirm Password". Please keep the password in a safe place in order to obtain it easily. In case of missing or forgetting the password, please send e-mail to the address "firstname.lastname@example.org" submitting your first name and surname as written at the abstract submission form, in order to obtain the password back.
The presenting author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat, as well as that they are informed of the status of the abstract.
All Lecturers of the Congress are obliged to submit original or review paper (no case reports) related to the topic of their lecture to the Balkan Journal of Dental Medicine (BJDM) prior to the Congress. All Lecturers are obliged to provide assigned agreement that they are going to submit the manuscript to the Journal. For additional information Lecturers may contact in email@example.com
Abstract should report on work that has NOT been previously published.
Participant is invited to submit one abstract and present one paper in oral or poster presentation. Presenters may appear as co-authors in other abstracts.
COMPLETING THE ABSTRACT FORM
All the frames must be completed with capital English letters (digits). Frames indicated with (*) have to be obligatory fulfilled. The title of the paper is limited up to 15 words in maximum. The title should be informative and as specific as possible. The title would be at the top of the abstract too.
At least one author and one institution must be referred. Type the whole name(s) of author(s) with the given name first and the surname at the back. Also indicate the name of the institution the author affiliated with. The name(s) of the author(s) and the institution(s) should be identical with the name as entered on the Registration Form. It is not possible more than five authors to be referred.
You can choose only one indication for the presentation type of the paper and for the scientific field (topic) related to its content. Indicating (by clicking in) the relevant box you decide if the paper is candidate for the BaSS Award competition. The final decision regarding the presentation type will be however taken by the BaSS 2019 Scientific Committee.
Type abstract wholly within the box frame provided. Type in 12 point size Times New Roman font, style "normal", with single-line spacing in the box provided. Abstract for Oral or Poster Presentation is limited up to 250 words in maximum and for Lectures up to 300 words. Please keep these limitations for an unmolested submission of your abstract. Photocopies or facsimile transmissions are NOT acceptable.
The structured abstract should include the background, methods and materials, results and conclusion.
Tables, figures and graphs are not permitted.
In case of failure to comply with the requirements, the abstract will be excluded from consideration. Reasons for rejecting the submitted abstracts are a) transmission of photocopies or facsimiles b) abstracts with more number of words than required, c) title in discordance with the content of the abstract d) work similar to another announced by the same authors e) not following the format, short introduction, purpose, method and materials, results and conclusions f) there is a mention in the abstract text about the origin and the authors g) the presenter of the paper that has not register himself in the Congress and h) submission of the paper after the deadline.
After submission, the article will be sent to experts for review. If the article is accepted, you will get an e-mail confirmation and the presenter has to pay the registration fees otherwise the paper will not be included to the program.
Guidelines for an e-Poster Presentation submission
Posters will be presented in e-poster (electronic) type. An e-poster is an electronic version/PDF of a poster board presentation.
The authors should first submit an abstract for the initial evaluation following the above instructions that will be included in the congress abstract book after its approval.
If the poster presentation is approved, the presenters should submit their actual poster presentation in a specific e-mail address that will be appointed to them in the confirmation letter.
The e-poster may include text, figures, charts, tables, images, and artwork but does not include any audio, video, web links, animated objects or serial animations, avoiding overlapping. An e-poster presenter must prepare a single Microsoft PowerPoint slide that will be displayed on a wide screen monitor between 27”- 32”. The presentation should be in landscape orientation with a screen ratio of 16:91. Please use Times New Roman or Arial font. The font size should be 14pt or bigger. All graphs and tables must be embedded in your file and have titles. Be careful to respect copyright and personal anonymity with your images or photos.
Please note that all uploaded presentations will be converted and published in PDF format as a single poster presentation (you should not have additional slides – only one). Also, please do not enable document encryption or password protection.
The file size should not exceed 16 Megabytes.
1 As an example, to adjust your slides orientation and ratio in PowerPoint 2007/2010 follow these steps:
- Select Design from the menu tab
- Click on Page setup and select On-Screen Show (16:9) as well as Landscape.
The candidates must:
- Hold a degree in dentistry.
- Work in any of the countries members of BaSS.
- Verify in writing that he/her is not in receipt of any other award for the same paper.
- Be a member of BaSS, first author of the paper, under the age of 35 (including) and should not be a senior academic (professor or associate professor). Senior academics are not excluded from participating in a work and taking part in the competition, as long as they are not first authors. If the research is team work, the approval of all the members of the team is required.
Only oral presentations will be considered for the competition. The paper must be the result of an original research (basic, experimental or clinical) and it must be presented for the first time.
Applications should be addressed to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate papers should be submitted in an electronic format to the President of the Scientific Committee IN FULL TEXT and must include the following:
- Nominee's name, address, date of birth (accompanied by a copy of his/her passport), current place of work, position.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A brief letter accompanying the paper describing why it is deemed worthy of an award. Candidates will be acknowledged in writing or by e-mail.
Candidates will be acknowledged in writing or by e-mail.
- The name of the winner will be announced during the Congress.
- A short C.V. of the winner and an extended abstract of his awarded work will appear in the last issue of the year of BJDM with the permission of the journal that had originally published the article.
- All candidate papers will be presented at a special session in front of the Awards Committee members as Oral Presentations.
- The Awards are given by the jury for the best 3 oral presentations. The Awards will be allocated without distinction. They will consist of a memorandum diploma, and issued by BaSS, if it is available, an amount of money defined by the Council.
Participants have the obligation to present their work at the time and in the mode indicated. The anticipated time is as follows:
|EVENT||PRESENTATION TIME||DISCUSSING TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|Lecture||20 min||10 min||30 min|
|Invited speaker||45 min||15 min||60 min|
|Oral presentation||10 min||5 min||15 min|
|Round Table||75 min||15 min||90 min|
|Poster Presentation||3 min|
Guidelines for Oral Presentations, Lectures and Round Tables
- All Lecturers of the Congress are obliged to submit original or review paper (no case reports) related to the topic of their lecture to the Balkan Journal of Dental Medicine (BJDM) prior to the Congress. All Lecturer are obliged to provide assigned agreement that they are going to submit the manuscript to the Journal. For additional information Lecturers may contact in email@example.com
- To save time, the Lecturers are advised to arrive 2 hours before the Session Time to load their presentation file into the computer provided at the Technical Secretariat.
- Computer with standard Microsoft programs, 2010 and earlier editions, will be provided. If the Lecturer bring their own computer for the presentation, please notice that the time for connecting and disconnecting your computer will be included into the presentation time.
Facilities for Presentation
- Each hall will be equipped with one computer with standard Microsoft software, an LCD projector, a screen, a laser pointer, one microphone on the rostrum and two on the presidential desk.
- If the presentation requires additional equipment, the Organizing Committee has to be informed in due time and any extra labor and equipment expenses will be charged.
Guidelines for Poster Presentation
- Posters will be presented in e-poster (electronically) form. The authors should first submit an abstract for the initial evaluation.
- If the poster presentation is approved, the authors should submit the presentation in a three (3) pages of a Microsoft Office or PowerPoint format maximum. The first page must include their names, degrees and affiliations.
- Posters will be presented orally (in a same way as an Oral Presentation) and the time of presentation should not exceed three (3) minutes maximum.