The candidates must:
- • Hold a degree in dentistry.
- • Work in any of the countries members of BaSS.
- • Verify in writing that he/her is not in receipt of any other award for the same paper.
- • Be a member of BaSS, first author of the paper, under the age of 35 (including) and should not be a senior academic (professor or associate professor). Senior academics are not prohibited from participating in a work and taking part in the competition, as long as they are not first authors. If the research is team work, the approval of all the members of the team is required.
Only oral presentations shall be considered for the competition. The paper must be the result of an original research (basic, experimental or clinical) and it must be presented for the first time.
Applications should be addressed to the BaSS General Secretary Ass. Prof. Nicolaos Economides [firstname.lastname@example.org] and copied to the President of the Scientific Committee, Prof. dr Norina Consuela Forna, Iasi, Romania [email@example.com].
The candidate papers should be submitted in an electronic format to the Scientific Committee IN FULL TEXT and must include the following:
- • Nominee's name, address, date of birth (accompanied by a copy of his/her passport), current place of work, position.
- • Curriculum vitae.
- • A brief letter accompanying the paper describing why it is deemed worthy of an award.
Candidates will be acknowledged in writing or by e-mail.
- • The name of the winner will be announced during the Congress.
- • A short C.V. of the winner and an extended abstract of his awarded work will appear in the last issue of the year of BJS with the permission of the journal that had originally published the article.
- • All candidate papers will be presented at a special session in front of the Awards Committee members as Oral Presentations.
- • The Awards are given by the jury for the best 3 oral presentations. The Awards will be allocated without distinction. They will consist of a memorandum diploma, and issued by BaSS, if it is available, an amount of money defined by the Council.